Main Page  |  News List  |  Malay Version  |  Back to BERNAMA.com  |     Thursday, December 14, 2017
 
 
 

800 IOJ Volunteers Turn Up For '#MH370 Forever In Our Hearts'

PETALING JAYA, March 6 (Bernama) -- As the mystery surrounding the missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Flight MH370 enters its first anniversary this Sunday, more than 800 Institut Onn Ja'afar (IOJ) volunteers expressed sympathy over the tragedy via their '#MH370 Forever In Our Hearts' programme.

IOJ chief executive officer, Charles Mohan said the programme organised with Taylor's Hostel Management was held to give strength to family members and next-of-kin of the passengers and crew of the doomed aircraft.

"We may not know the victims of MH370 but the incident has brought Malaysians together to pray and hope for the best for family members to move on with their lives," he told reporters after the '#MH370 Forever In Our Hearts' programme at Jalan Taylors in Subang Jaya near here Friday.

Earlier, Mohan and Taylor's University Vice-Chancellor Datuk Dr Hassan Said released balloons witnessed by 800 IOJ volunteers comprising employees and students of Taylor's University, Universiti Malaya, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Universiti Teknologi MARA and Universiti Putra Malaysia.

The volunteers, who were in action during the flood disaster in December last year also observed a minute's silence to pray for the vanished aircraft's 239 passengers and crew.

Meanwhile, Hassan said he was overwhelmed by the spirit and commitment shown by students from the various local universities.

"The repercussions of the missing aircraft reminded us the importance of cooperation when confronted with a disaster, and I could see how committed the students were, in whatever voluntarily activities," he said.

On Jan 29, the Malaysian Government declared the missing aircraft an accident under international aviation regulations and all 239 passengers and crew presumed dead.

The aircraft went missing from the radar on its journey from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, about one hour after taking off from the KL International Airport on March 8, last year. It was scheduled to arrive in Beijing at 6.30am on the same day.

To date, the search operation involving the seas in the southern Indian Ocean - believed to be the final destination of the plane - has covered about 40 per cent of the 60,000 sq km search area. About 208,000 sq km of the ocean has been mapped out.

-- BERNAMA

 

 
 
 
 

PUTRAJAYA -- Menteri Pembangunan Wanita, Keluarga dan Masyarakat, Datuk Seri Rohani Abdul Karim ketika mengadakan perjumpaan dengan waris-waris mangsa Penerbangan Malaysia Airlines pesawat MH17 dan MH370 di kementeriannya.

 


 

 
 

 

© 2017 BERNAMA. All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 3.0 & Internet Explorer 7.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution.